Subject: Re: Mysql
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 20:23:47 +0200

> > I moved from linux /usr/inclode/mysql files into my cygwin include
> > dir.
> 
> Don't do that.
> 
> You need libraries for MySQL. Build them from the MySQL source, using:
> 
> ./configure --without-server
> 
> Of course, you will have to get the native Windows server if you want to
> run the server locally.
> 
> A caveat: MySQL for Windows uses named pipes to talk to local clients,
> whereas the MySQL library you compile will want to use UNIX sockets. I
> found the easiest way to get them talking was to always use a host of
> 127.0.0.1, forcing INET sockets. Under perl DBI, if you use "localhost,"
> somebody decides to be smart and use UNIX sockets anyway.
> 
> An additional caveat: There is probably a better way to do the above.
> Stipe?

precompiled libraries of mysqlclient-3.x are available at
http://www.student.uni-koeln.de/cygwin/

but may also be compiled with a more recent code base with the above
configure swtich.

Stipe

[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------
wapme.net - wherever you are

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/