Subject: Re: qmail-1.03: any volunteers?!
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 20:12:34 +0200

> Well it worked, the problem was, there was no trigger, no fifo. If you send
> an email to the smtpd, it writes this down in a directory and triggers the
> fifo. If the fifo is read by the transport program (inject?) and if there is
> a notice, it will look in the dir and send off what is there.
> To get it up and running, I generated a file in the trigger dir so 's.th.'
> was found, the program thinks there is a fifo (looks like a file), and don't
> report errors, but it works not like a trigger.  The inject tool is eating
> up the cpu because it always thinks the fifo is triggered.

Ohhh, that may be the reason why qmail-send is usually running on 99%
CPU time, even while the system is enough operatable for other things
:((

> The mail is sent off, of course. I built the injector with a sleep of some
> seconds so it doesn't burn my pentium, but this is not the solution.

indeed. -- a sleep() would be at least a work-around for the CPU burn
state.

> Best thing that makes sense here is to find a way to substitute mkfifo,
> or the functionality it provides, Corinna said s.th. with socket calls
> would be possible.

any ideas how?!

> That would be a great thing for cygwin. I have no idea (unfortunately), but i
> think a 'pseudo trigger' would be nice, s.th. that looks like a fifo (a file?)
> and that acts like a fifo (-> socket). You put s.th in at one end which waits
> until someone pulls it out at the other end.
> 
> There are also named pipes at in windows, maybe they can be assimilated?
> (Are we Borg enough to assimilate?)

don't know :)

Stipe

[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------
wapme.net - wherever you are

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/