Subject: Re: qmail-1.03: any volunteers?!
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 13:23:17 +0200

> Win32 has a built in resolver, which cygwin exposes via gethostby*. If
> you need async resolving capabilities, you can a) use pthreads or b)
> roll your own from somewhere else. The squid resolver is in three parts,
> 1) A library containing a implementation of the RFC to allow querying of
> DNS servers.
> 2) Client code to make requests to the library, and handle in-squid
> housekeeping.
> 3) An IP address->name cache for efficiency.

but you may not be able to query dirrent DNS types (like MX, CNAME,
etc) using gethostby..() functions?!

Stipe

[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------
wapme.net - wherever you are

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/