Subject: Re: qmail-1.03: any volunteers?!
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 10:52:57 +0200

> If there are a couple of you wishing to have a full fledged SMTP
> server running under Cygwin any help is highly welcome. I may tarball
> the current development tree to http://apache.dev.wapme.net.

I have attached a mail that was send to qmail mailinst list descibing
the two main problems.

Stipe

[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------
wapme.net - wherever you are

Subject: [REQ] qmail-1.03 port to Cygwin 1.x almost done
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 17:36:24 +0200

Hi list,

I have ported qmail-1.03 and ezmlm-0.53 to the Cygwin 1.x platform,
which is a POSIX.1 emulation layer on top of Win32 OS.

Most of the setup in /var/qmail is working, i.e. qmail-smtpd (via
inetd) is receiving incoming mail and qmail-local is distributing
mails to local users. Even qmail-pop3d (via inetd) is woking using
Win32 specific userid:passwd credentials.

Now I have still 2 problems to solve and any help would be realy
great, so that I may package and release a qmail Cygwin tarball to
www.cygwin.com.

  * qmail-remote is woking if invoked manualy from a shell, i.e.
  
      $ cd /var/qmail/bin
      $ ./qmail-remote gate3.wapme.net [email-masked]
[email-masked]
      [data]\d
      r K213.240.161.3 accepted message.
      Remote host said: 250 RAA196885 Message accepted for delivery

    But it does *not* work using the usualy pipe chain using a MUA:
    inetd -> qmail-smtpd -> [...] -> qmail-rspawn -> qmail-remote 

    From the NT event log facility I get the following trace of
syslog:
    
      qmail : 1001344140.259000 new msg 80807085.
      qmail : 1001344140.259000 info msg 80807085: bytes 1115 from
<[email-masked]> qp 1192 uid 1000
      qmail : 1001344140.359000 starting delivery 40: msg 80807085 to
remote [email-masked]
      qmail : 1001344140.359000 status: local 0/10 remote 1/20
      qmail : 1001344141.130000 delivery 40: failure:
Sorry,_I_couldn't_find_any_host_named_gate3.wapme.net._(#5.1.2)/
      qmail : 1001344141.130000 status: local 0/10 remote 0/20

    It seems as if the resolving (via bind8) is not working while
pipelining?! All other smaller tolls, like dnsip, dnscname, etc work
without any problem.

  * qmail-local is always incoved using the homedir of the user it is
running and not the user that should be receiving the mail to it's
~/Maildir/.

Maybe someone can tell me how to build executable wrappers who may log
the exec commands made under all qmail-foo executables? A simple shell
script approach did not work.

Any help is highly welcome.

BTW, please reply directy, I'm not on the list.

Regards,
Stipe

Stipe Tolj
Department Management
Technology Center & Research Lab

[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------
wapme.net - wherever you are

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/