Subject: Re: Problem linking python extensions
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: "Darrell R. Hougen" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 21:12:52 -0400

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 10:18:37AM -0600, Darrell R. Hougen wrote:
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm still not clear whether you are trying to build a Cygwin or Win32
Python extension.  Which are you trying to build?

My suggestion is to use Distutils -- it knows have to generate the
right command lines to build either a Cygwin or Win32 Python extension.
See the following:

    http://www.python.org/doc/current/dist/dist.html

I don't believe that you have generate a valid extension -- at least
from exporting the init function point of view.  Trying using objdump
(or dumpbin if you have MSVC++) to verify that your extension is
exporting initTermObject (not _initTermObject).  For example:

    $ objdump -p /usr/lib/python2.1/lib-dynload/zlib.dll | fgrep init
            [   0] initzlib

BTW, you may find better help on the Distutils list:

    [email-masked]

Jason

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/