Subject: Re: perl/dbi Can't create TCP/IP socket
From: Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Cc: Dale Henderson <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 15:03:45 +0200

Hi,

> I get a successful connect with your test cases, even running under
> Apache.
> 
> Instead of using two different test cases, why not use the same one?
> 
> $ chmod a+x sqltest.cgi
> $ ./sqltest.cgi
> (do not use perl sqltest.cgi as that will be different than the
> command apache runs)

I know what the problem may be.

Dale is running Win9x and it is known (at least reported to me some
time ago) that Apache for Cygwin behaves in some cases strange to
CGIs.

That would explain why Michael has no problems. He's probably running
WinNT4 or Win200?!

I may dig for the proposed patch that has been send to me regarding
this issue. Unfortunatly it did not make it into the port sources,
because I had no Win9x to test against.

Stipe

[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248
40470 Düsseldorf

Tel: +49-211-74845-0
Fax: +49-211-74845-299

E-Mail: [email-masked]
Internet: http://www.wapme-systems.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------
wapme.net - wherever you are

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/