Subject: Re: Client reject problem!!! xhost + cannot solve!
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 00:46:55 -0400

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 12:38:00PM +0800, [email-masked] wrote:
>I am facing that age old problem of rejected clients.  Have already checked the
>archives and found that the only solution provided was to use xhost +.  It did
>not work for me.

And, I'm facing the age-old problem of people sending email to the wrong
mailing list.  I hope that you actually checked the cygwin-xfree mailing list
archives for information on this subject.

Please send cygwin-xfree email to the cygwin-xfree mailing list.

I've redirected this message there.

cgf

>First I start XWin, .
>$./XWin &
>$ _XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to root
>
>$ winDetectSupportedEngines () - DirectDraw installed
>winDetectSupportedEngines () - DirectDraw4 installed
>winDetectSupportedEngines () - Returning, supported engines 00000017
>winSetEngine () - Using Shadow DirectDraw NonLocking
>winAdjustVideoModeShadowDDNL () - Using Windows display depth of 24 bits per
>pixel
>winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed () - WindowClient w 1018 h 714 r 1018 l 0 b 714
>t 0
>winAllocateFBShadowDDNL () - lPitch: 3056
>winInitVisualsShadowDDNL () - Masks 00ff0000 0000ff00 000000ff BPRGB 8 d 24
>winCreateDefColormap () - Deferring to fbCreateDefColormap ()
>Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/, removing from
> list!
>Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/, removing from
>list!
>Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/, removing from
> list!
>
>then set DISPLAY variable to my_IP:0.0,
>then export DISPLAY
>Then xhost +
>
>$ ./xhost +
>access control disabled, clients can connect from any host
>winCloseScreenShadowDDNL () - Freeing screen resources
>
>quekhc@CSGEDMSQUEKHC /usr/X11r6/binwinDetectSupportedEngines () - Windows
>95/98/Me
>
>$ winDetectSupportedEngines () - DirectDraw installed
>winDetectSupportedEngines () - DirectDraw4 installed
>winDetectSupportedEngines () - Returning, supported engines 00000017
>winSetEngine () - Using Shadow DirectDraw NonLocking
>winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed () - WindowClient w 1018 h 714 r 1018 l 0 b 714
>t 0
>winAllocateFBShadowDDNL () - lPitch: 3056
>winInitVisualsShadowDDNL () - Masks 00ff0000 0000ff00 000000ff BPRGB 8 d 24
>winCreateDefColormap () - Deferring to fbCreateDefColormap ()
>Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/, removing from
> list!
>Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/, removing from
>list!
>Could not init font path element /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/, removing from
> list!
>
>Next, I telnet using /usr/bin/telnet to my workstation, set the DISPLAY variable
> there to my PC's IP and try to start an xterm. But I got the following :
>
>AUDIT: Thu Sep 27 12:28:55 2001: 610083 XWin: client 1 rejected from IP
>43.69.23.64 port 42973
>
>My cywin/Xfree86 is on a Win98 PC and I am trying to communicate with a Solaris
>7 workstation.  I am using XFree binaries 4.1.0.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/