Subject: Re: bash: ./configure: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 11:16:25 +0100

Many thanks. I think I understand a little more now.

The first line in configure is !/bin/sh and until now I didn't realise
that this identifies to Cygwin via the ! which interpreter to use. (I'm
new to this)

I've looked for sh.* and it doesn't exist so I think I shall delete
everything and reload the latest Cygwin (removing any confusion of mix
of files) and start again. 

I'm assuming it's 'ash' (as suggested by Gerrit Haase) that actually
interprets the /bin/sh scripts then and not something called 'sh' (again
sorry I don't understand much of this) (If it is ASH then don't bother
replying)

I've got bash,rsh,ssh and tcsh but not ash! Guess I mucked up a bit on
the previous install. I'm sure I just asked setup.exe to get everything.
(But maybe should have done a completely clean install!)

Could be added to the FAQ as I couldn't find this particular error in
there. Although something similar was regarding 'ash', I didn't make the
connection.

Thanks for this pointer to what's missing.

Pete

---------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 E-mail Confidentiality Notice and Disclaimer
 
  This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited. 
  E-mail messages are not necessarily secure.  Hitachi does not accept responsibility for any changes made to this message after it was sent. 
  Please note that Hitachi checks outgoing e-mail messages for the presence of computer viruses.
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/