Subject: gcc 2.91.57 thinks it is 2.95.3-5 or vice versa
From: "Darrell R. Hougen" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 09:39:25 -0600

Hi,

I used setup.exe to download and install the latest version of cygwin on
my NT machine and it came with the following file:
gcc-2.95.3-5.tar.bz2.  I'm assuming that is the file that got installed
by the setup script.  However, when I type gcc -dumpversion, I get
"egcs-2.91.57".  Also, when I try to compile a python extension module,
I get an warning from the python (v. 2.1) config.h file, viz., "Please
use an up to date version of gcc (>2.91 recommended)."  I downloaded gcc
from mirrors.rcn.net.  Is this a problem with the mirror site, or is gcc
2.91 masquerading as 2.95?

Thanks.
Darrell

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/