Subject: Re: Objective-C and Cygwin (at WIN32)
From: Adam Fedor <[email-masked]>
To: Ildar Mulyukov <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 09:18:33 -0600

Ildar Mulyukov wrote:

>

> Then I got another problem. I downloaded a gcc-3.0.1 (very hasty 
> decision) and seems like libobjc can't be compiled in a DLL form :-( The 
> libobjc version from http://gnustep.org site ( 
> ftp://ftp.gnustep.org/pub/gnustep/libs/gnustep-objc-1.0.1.tar.gz ) looks 
> like for 2.xx versions of GCC only.
> 

No it's not. In fact you need to use gnustep-objc on Cygwin/MinGW 
machines even if you have gcc 3.x, because the libobjc library in 3.x 
doesn't properly export symbols for DLLs

> Ok. I got "config" dir and GNUMakefile from gnustep-objc-1.0.1.tar.gz 
> (above) into "libobjc" dir from GCC ditro.
> Then added NXConstStr.m into GNUMakefile
> and - viola! compiled objc.dll. It seems to work. Let's see what next :-)
> 

It probably won't work, even though it compiles. See above.

-- 
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics            | Fudd's law of opposition: Push
[email-masked]  http://www.doc.com     | something hard enough, and it
[email-masked]  http://www.gnustep.org | will fall over.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/