Subject: cvs + ssh freezes
From: Jeff Mincy <[email-masked]>
To: David Starks-Browning <[email-masked]>
Cc: Joo-won Jung <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 22:41:55 -0400

From: David Starks-Browning <[email-masked]>
   Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 20:58:47 +0100
   
   On Sunday 23 Sep 01, Joo-won Jung writes:
   > 
   > Problem: When I try to use cvs using SSH, It does not finish.
   > 
   > I'm using: cygwin 1.3.3-2, cvs 1.11.0-1, openssh 2.9p2-3
   >        on: Windows 98 SE Korean (4.10.2222 A)
   
   It came up on this mailing list just *7* days ago.  Refer to the
   thread starting at <http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2001-09/msg00838.html>.
   
   Time for a FAQ entry, I guess.

You mean like?:
   http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/faq/faq_5.html#SEC125

FWIW, this is the *one* bug that I would put as the most annoying.
Any time I do a remote cvs operation I have to kill the cvs/ssh
process.  I can't use ^C at the shell prompt because that kills my
emacs that is tunnelled through ssh to my work machine.  So I have to
do the old control-alt-delete thing to kill the ssh.

At this point I would settle for a hack that would allow ssh to
'work'.  For example, some sort of timeout on the select call, perhaps
set from an environment variable.

-jeff

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/