Subject: Re: Periodic plea for someone to work on cygwin docs
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 12:21:44 -0400

On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 10:00:44AM +0100, David Starks-Browning wrote:
>Edmund,
>
>I can help you with cvs.  I just setup FAQ maintenance on a new
>machine so it's fresh in my memory.  We would share a Makefile in
>winsup/doc and this may need work, and I'm willing to help with
>that.

Thank you, David.

It seems like we have all of the bases covered here.  The only other
possible stumbling block could be ssh since that is required for cvs
access.  So, Edmund, you'll need to set up ssh on your system if you
haven't done so already.

Then, go to http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/pdw/ps_form.cgi and fill
out the form.  Every field should be filled out.  None can be left blank.
The approver should be [email-masked] and you'll need to enter an ssh
version 1 public key in the appropriate place.

If you don't know how to do that, then send email here and I'm sure that
people will be able to help.

In case it isn't clear, my goal for this is for you to be as self
reliant as possible.  I hope that you will eventually be able to send
documentation questions here, to modify the documentation, and to check
things in and out of CVS effortlessly.

All of this should be doable without active oversight from me.  That is
my dream.  I'd like to get the documentation updated without involving
me any more than I am involved in the FAQ.

(David, take another bow)

cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/