Subject: Re: SSH-AGENT problem
From: "David A. Cobb" <[email-masked]>
To: David Starks-Browning <[email-masked]>, Cygwin Library General Discussion <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 08:18:58 -0400

David Starks-Browning wrote:

> On Friday 21 Sep 01, David A. Cobb writes:
> 
>>   701k 2001/09/13 C:\#Cygwin#\bin\cygwin1.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
>>                   "cygwin1.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/9/12 23:54
>>
> 
>>:[S!] Bash $ ssh-add-2
>>Could not open a connection to your authentication agent.
>>====
>>As I suggested above, the identical procedure was working - perhaps late 
>>July - early August.
>>
> 
> Something got broke just before 1.3.3 was released.  It should be
> fixed in snapshots from 2001/9/14 or later.  I'm surprised there's
> nothing in the mailing list about this.
> 
> Hope this helps.

It does, indeed.  Thanks.  Running cygwin1-20010918.dll it works as 
expected.

> 
> (It took some digging to figure out what your problem was.  Please
> describe the problem at the beginning of the message, not after 100s
> of lines of cygcheck output.  And try to describe your problem
> succinctly with the minimum of extraneous steps.  Why all the aliases
> and xemacs-related scripts?)

OK, sorry.  In future I'll tack that stuff on as attachments.  The 
"extraneous steps" /might/ have been contributing to the problem, I 
included exactly what I had done when it failed as I would for a test 
report.
-- 
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate, All around 
nice guy.
New PGP key 09/13/2001:
:<http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=superbiskit&\
fingerprint=on>
:<http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=superbiskit&\
fingerprint=on>
Fingerprint=0x{E7C6_4EE2_6B75_5BA3_C52E__77FA_63C3_9366_DCFB_229B}
"By God's Grace I am a Christian man, by my actions a great sinner."
--The Way of a Pilgrim, R. M. French [tr.]
Potentially Viral Software is any software for which you are not allowed
to examine the source.  Do not buy or use Potentially Viral Software!

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/