Subject: lilypond install instructions
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 02:46:20 +0200

Hi John,

I found your instructions here:

http://www.sankey.ws/gnunt.html

you mention here which packages one should load down to
get lilypond up and running. Unfortunately the list is 
not complete.

I read there:
=============
"Cygwin: Download cygwin setup.exe and the "user" binaries:
ash, bash, bzip2, diff, fileutils, findutils, gawk, grep,
gzip, less, m4, sed, shellutils, tar, texinfo, textutils 
and time." 

Would you please make an update to this list.  Since the package 
'cygwin' itself is not mentioned, I think not one of the programs 
that are listed will run if the cygwin package is not installed.

Further reading:
================
"Doubleclick the setup icon, select instal from local directory, 
root directory c:\cygwin, install for all, and text mode."

Why textmode? 

Then I read:
============
"Doubleclick on the cygwin icon. If everything worked you will have a
bash shell window, be in the c:\cygwin\home\administrator directory, and see
a ~ prompt. Cd / then ls should show the usual Unix root directories bin src
etc. (If not, something went wrong with the cygwin install - get it right
before proceeding. The cygwin mailing list is supposed to help with things
like this.)"

Well spoken, if people get problems with your wrong instructions, you
send them to the cygwin-list, "go whine there, they have done it."

There are several questions at cygwin  mailing-list every week s.th. 
like this: "I have installed cygwin with setup.exe, but bash window 
always closes immediately after running it..."
I am convinced, websites like yours are the cause of this and the list
gets swamped with such requests. 

So would you be so kind and do an update to this, you may ask at the list
if you need advice:)

Gerrit

-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/