Subject: SSH-AGENT problem
From: "David A. Cobb" <[email-masked]>
To: Cygwin General MailList <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 18:13:44 -0400

I've googled the site and not come up with anything that looks like this 
problem, but I do see that there have been some significant changes 
since I last used this procedure successfully.

I have:
:[S!] Bash $ cygcheck -s -v -r

Cygnus Win95/NT Configuration Diagnostics
Current System Time: Fri Sep 21 17:41:35 2001

Win9X Ver 4.10 build 67766446  A

Path: 
~/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/
	~/bin/
	/usr/local/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/
	/usr/local/bin/
	/usr/java/bin/
	/usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/
	/usr/bin/
	/bin/

SysDir: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM
WinDir: C:\WINDOWS

PWD = `/build/OpenOffice'
CYGWIN = `binmode check_case:adjust noenvcache title'
USER = `Superbiskit'
MAKE_MODE = `unix'
HOME = `/home/Superbiskit'

PROMPT = `$p$g'
TEMPDIR = `/tmp/Superbiskit'
DBROOT = `C:\WinApps\_S_.@COM_\_SoftwareAG_\AdabasD'
COLORFGBG = `11;default;12'
TZ = `EST+5EDT'
WINDOWID = `72941688'
COMSPEC = `C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM'
DOMAINNAME = `home.com'
CMDLINE = `WIN'
DBWORK = `C:\WinApps\_S_.@COM_\_SoftwareAG_\AdabasD\sql'
EMAIL_ADDRESS = [email-masked]'
HOSTNAME = `CX193439-A'
OFFICE_PATH = `C:\WinApps\_S_.@com_\_Sun_\_Star@\SO52'
WINDIR = `C:\WINDOWS'
CLASSPATH = 
`.:/usr/java/bin/jre:/c/WINDOWS/java/classes/classes.zip:/c/org/odmg/odl/metaobjects:/usr/java/bin/demo/applets'
CC = `/usr/bin/gcc'
PS1 = `\n:[S!] Bash $ '
EMACSPATH = 
`/usr/local/i686-pc-cygwin/XEmacs-21.5-b1/bin/:/usr/local/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/:/usr/local/lib/XEmacs-21.5-b1/i686-pc-cygwin/:/usr/local/lib/XEmacs/bin/:/usr/local/bin/:/usr/bin/'
WINBOOTDIR = `C:\WINDOWS'
BLASTER = `A220 I5 D1 T4'
PS3 = `\#  '
LS_COLORS = `'
MACHTYPE = `i686-pc-cygwin'
EMACS = `t'
PKTEMP = `D:\TMP\PKZip'
CXX = `/usr/bin/g++ -mcygwin'
SOFFICE_HOME = `C:\WinApps\_S_.@com_\_Sun_\_Star@\SO52'
TEMP = `/tmp/Superbiskit'
TERMCAP = `emacs:co#79:tc=unknown:'
EDITOR = `/usr/local/lib/XEmacs-21.5-b1/i686-pc-cygwin/XEmacs'
JAVA_HOME = `/usr/java/bin'
COLORTERM = `rxvt-xpm'
INFOPATH = 
`/usr/info/:/usr/local:/usr/local/lib/xemacs/info/:/usr/local/lib/XEmacs-21.5-b1/info:'
TMP = `/d/TMP'
TETEXDIR = `/usr/share/texmf'
DISPLAY = `:0'
SSH_AGENT_PID = `539761'
SGML_CATALOG_FILES = 
`./CATALOG:/home/Superbiskit/lib/sgml/CATALOG:/usr/local/lib/sgml/dtd/dsssl/CATALOG:/usr/local/lib/sgml/CATALOG'
EMACSDATA = 
`/usr/local/lib/XEmacs-21.5-b1/i686-pc-cygwin/etc/:/usr/local/lib/XEmacs-21.5-b1/etc/:/usr/local/lib/XEmacs/etc/:/usr/local/etc/:/usr/etc/'
SHLVL = `3'
EMACSVERSION = `XEmacs-21.5-b1'
SHELL = `/bin/bash'
HOSTTYPE = `i686'
EMACSLOADPATH = 
`~/.XEmacs/lisp/:/usr/local/lib/Xemacs/site-lisp/:/usr/local/lib/XEmacs-21.5-b1/lisp/'
OSTYPE = `cygwin'
TERM = `emacs'
SSH_AUTH_SOCK = `/tmp/ssh-Me568501/agent.568501'
DBCONFIG = `C:\WinApps\_S_.@COM_\_SoftwareAG_\AdabasD\sql'
EMACSPACKAGEPATH = `~/.XEmacs/packages/:/usr/local/lib/'
_ = `/usr/bin/cygcheck'

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Start 
Menu\&Programs\Cygnus Solutions
   (default) = (unsupported type)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\Program Options
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2
   (default) = `/'
   cygdrive flags = 0x00000022
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/project
   (default) = `E:\PROJECT'
   flags = 0x00000000
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts 
v2\/home/Superbiskit/.ssh
   (default) = `A:\SECURE.001\user\Superbiskit\-ssh'
   flags = 0x00000000
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\00
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\01
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\02
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\03
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\04
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\05
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\06
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\07
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\08
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\09
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0A
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0B
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0C
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0D
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0E
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\0F
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\10
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\11
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\12
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\13
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\14
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\15
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\16
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\17
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\18
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\19
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\1A
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\1B
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\1C
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts\1D
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\Program Options
   (default) = `binmode'
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2
   (default) = `/.localdisk.'
   cygdrive flags = 0x00000022
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/bin/X11
   (default) = `C:\#Cygwin#\bin\X11'
   flags = 0x0000000a
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/.cache
   (default) = `F:\CACHE'
   flags = 0x0000000a
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/tmp
   (default) = `D:\#Cygwin#\tmp'
   flags = 0x00000008
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/java
   (default) = `C:\JDK1.3'
   flags = 0x0000000a
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/build
   (default) = `E:\BUILD'
   flags = 0x0000000a
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/com
   (default) = `C:\#Cygwin#\com'
   flags = 0x0000000a
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/doc
   (default) = (unsupported type)
   Native = `E:/#CYGWIN#/usr/doc'
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/local/doc
   (default) = (unsupported type)
   Native = `E:/#CYGWIN#/usr/local/doc'
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/home
   (default) = `E:\HOME'
   flags = 0x00000008
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/a
   (default) = `A:'
   flags = 0x00000008
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/src
   (default) = `E:\#CYGWIN#\usr\src'
   flags = 0x0000000a
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/local/src
   (default) = `E:\#CYGWIN#\usr\local\src'
   flags = 0x0000000a
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/include
   (default) = `E:\#CYGWIN#\usr\include'
   flags = 0x0000000a
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/
   (default) = `C:\#Cygwin#'
   flags = 0x0000000a
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/bin
   (default) = `C:/#Cygwin#/bin'
   flags = 0x0000000a
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/usr/lib
   (default) = `C:/#Cygwin#/lib'
   flags = 0x0000000a
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL setup\b15.0\mounts
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL 
setup\b15.0\mounts\00
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL 
setup\b15.0\mounts\01
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL 
setup\b15.0\mounts\02
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL 
setup\b15.0\mounts\03
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL 
setup\b15.0\mounts\04
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL 
setup\b15.0\mounts\05
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL 
setup\b15.0\mounts\06
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL 
setup\b15.0\mounts\07
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL 
setup\b15.0\mounts\08
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL 
setup\b15.0\mounts\09
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL 
setup\b15.0\mounts\0A
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL 
setup\b15.0\mounts\0B
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL 
setup\b15.0\mounts\0C
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL 
setup\b15.0\mounts\0D
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL 
setup\b15.0\mounts\0E
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL 
setup\b15.0\mounts\0F
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL 
setup\b15.0\mounts\10
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL 
setup\b15.0\mounts\11
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL 
setup\b15.0\mounts\12
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL 
setup\b15.0\mounts\13
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL 
setup\b15.0\mounts\14
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL 
setup\b15.0\mounts\15
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL 
setup\b15.0\mounts\16
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL 
setup\b15.0\mounts\17
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL 
setup\b15.0\mounts\18
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL 
setup\b15.0\mounts\19
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL 
setup\b15.0\mounts\1A
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL 
setup\b15.0\mounts\1B
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL 
setup\b15.0\mounts\1C
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Cygnus Solutions\CYGWIN.DLL 
setup\b15.0\mounts\1D

a:  fd  FAT        1Mb   8% CP    UN           SECURE#001
c:  hd  FAT32   3831Mb  96% CP    UN           CX193439-A1
d:  hd  FAT32    698Mb  78% CP    UN           WINSWAP
e:  hd  FAT32   1487Mb  96% CP    UN           CX193439-A3
f:  hd  FAT32   1992Mb  96% CP    UN           CX193439-A4
m:  cd           N/A    N/A

A:\SECURE.001\user\Superbiskit\-ssh  /home/Superbiskit/.ssh  user 
textmode
E:\#CYGWIN#\usr\local\doc  /usr/local/doc  user    textmode
E:\#CYGWIN#\usr\local\src  /usr/local/src  system  binmode
E:\#CYGWIN#\usr\include  /usr/include  system  binmode
C:\#Cygwin#\bin\X11  /usr/bin/X11  system  binmode
E:\#CYGWIN#\usr\doc  /usr/doc  user    textmode
E:\#CYGWIN#\usr\src  /usr/src  system  binmode
C:\#Cygwin#\bin  /usr/bin  system  binmode
C:\#Cygwin#\com  /com     system  binmode
C:\#Cygwin#\lib  /usr/lib  system  binmode
D:\#Cygwin#\tmp  /tmp     system  textmode
C:\#Cygwin#  /        system  binmode
E:\PROJECT  /project  user    textmode
C:\JDK1.3  /usr/java  system  binmode
E:\BUILD  /build   system  binmode
F:\CACHE  /.cache  system  binmode
E:\HOME  /home    system  textmode
A:    /a       system  textmode
c:    /c       user    binmode,noumount
d:    /d       user    binmode,noumount
e:    /e       user    binmode,noumount
f:    /f       user    binmode,noumount

Found: C:\#Cygwin#\bin\bash.exe
Found: C:\#Cygwin#\bin\cat.exe
Found: C:\#Cygwin#\bin\cpp.exe
Found: C:\#Cygwin#\bin\find.exe
Found: C:\#Cygwin#\bin\gcc.exe
Found: C:\#Cygwin#\bin\gdb.exe
Found: C:\#Cygwin#\usr\i686-pc-cygwin\bin\ld.exe
Found: C:\#Cygwin#\bin\ld.exe
Warning: C:\#Cygwin#\usr\i686-pc-cygwin\bin\ld.exe hides 
C:\#Cygwin#\bin\ld.exe
Found: C:\#Cygwin#\bin\ls.exe
Found: C:\#Cygwin#\bin\make.exe
Found: C:\#Cygwin#\bin\sh.exe

   623k 2001/04/28 C:\#Cygwin#\bin\cygtk80.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                   "cygtk80.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/4/28 18:57
   390k 2001/04/28 C:\#Cygwin#\bin\cygtcl80.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                   "cygtcl80.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/4/28 18:56
   245k 2001/06/12 C:\#Cygwin#\bin\cygtiff3.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                   "cygtiff3.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/6/12 13:25
   226k 2001/04/25 C:\#Cygwin#\bin\cygncurses5.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                   "cygncurses5.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/4/25 1:17
   163k 2001/05/06 C:\#Cygwin#\bin\cygpng2.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                   "cygpng2.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/5/6 0:05
   156k 2001/04/25 C:\#Cygwin#\bin\cygncurses++5.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 
sys=4.0
                   "cygncurses++5.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/4/25 1:29
   135k 2001/06/28 C:\#Cygwin#\bin\cygreadline5.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                   "cygreadline5.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/6/27 22:27
   119k 2001/06/06 C:\#Cygwin#\bin\cygjpeg6b.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                   "cygjpeg6b.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/6/6 0:27
   108k 2001/06/28 C:\#Cygwin#\bin\cygreadline4.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                   "cygreadline4.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/1/6 23:34
    81k 2001/04/28 C:\#Cygwin#\bin\cygitcl30.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                   "cygitcl30.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/4/28 18:57
    56k 2000/12/03 C:\#Cygwin#\bin\cygbz21.0.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                   "cygbz21.0.dll" v0.0 ts=2000/11/20 18:53
    49k 2001/02/03 C:\#Cygwin#\bin\cygz.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                   "cygz.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/2/3 15:35
    45k 2001/04/25 C:\#Cygwin#\bin\cygform5.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                   "cygform5.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/4/25 1:28
    45k 2001/07/04 C:\#Cygwin#\bin\cygjbig1.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                   "cygjbig1.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/7/3 23:25
    45k 2001/07/04 C:\#Cygwin#\bin\cygXpm-X4.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                   "cygXpm-X4.dll" v0.0 ts=2000/11/19 21:45
    41k 2001/07/04 C:\#Cygwin#\bin\cygXpm-noX4.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                   "cygXpm-noX4.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/7/3 21:21
    35k 2001/04/28 C:\#Cygwin#\bin\cygitk30.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                   "cygitk30.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/4/28 18:57
    26k 2001/04/25 C:\#Cygwin#\bin\cygmenu5.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                   "cygmenu5.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/4/25 1:27
    21k 2001/06/28 C:\#Cygwin#\bin\cyghistory5.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                   "cyghistory5.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/6/27 22:27
    21k 2001/06/20 C:\#Cygwin#\bin\cygintl.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                   "cygintl.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/6/20 13:09
    17k 2001/06/28 C:\#Cygwin#\bin\cyghistory4.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                   "cyghistory4.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/1/6 23:34
    15k 2001/04/25 C:\#Cygwin#\bin\cygpanel5.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                   "cygpanel5.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/4/25 1:27
    10k 2001/04/28 C:\#Cygwin#\bin\cygtclreg80.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                   "cygtclreg80.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/4/28 18:56
     5k 2001/04/28 C:\#Cygwin#\bin\cygtclpip80.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
    18k 2000/10/23 C:\#Cygwin#\bin\cyggdbm.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                   "cyggdbm.dll" v0.0 ts=2000/10/22 22:26
   701k 2001/09/13 C:\#Cygwin#\bin\cygwin1.dll - os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
                   "cygwin1.dll" v0.0 ts=2001/9/12 23:54
     Cygwin DLL version info:
         dll major: 1003
         dll minor: 3
         dll epoch: 19
         dll bad signal mask: 19005
         dll old termios: 5
         dll malloc env: 28
         api major: 0
         api minor: 46
         shared data: 3
         dll identifier: cygwin1
         mount registry: 2
         cygnus registry name: Cygnus Solutions
         cygwin registry name: Cygwin
         program options name: Program Options
         cygwin mount registry name: mounts v2
         cygdrive flags: cygdrive flags
         cygdrive prefix: cygdrive prefix
         cygdrive default prefix:
         build date: Wed Sep 12 23:54:31 EDT 2001
         shared id: cygwin1S3

Use -h to see help about each section

====
And SSH
:[S!] Bash $ ssh -V
OpenSSH_2.9p2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090600f

====
My preferred mode of operation is using Xemacs shell mode to do the 
work.  I lanuch Xemacs with the following script:
:[S!] Bash $ cat ~/XEmacs-Secure
#!/bin/bash
#@ $ID: ~Superbiskit/XEmacs-Secure [script]$ $DATE: 2001/06/26 $
echo "+++ $0"
alias ll='ls -l '
# exec 3>&1                  # create pipe (copy of stdout)
# exec 1>~\bash.dbg          # direct stdout to file
# exec 2>&1                  # stderr too
# tail -f bash.dbg >&3 &     # run tail in bg
( mount A:/SECURE.001/user/Superbiskit/-ssh /home/Superbiskit/.ssh ;
env PS1="\n:[S!] Bash $ " ssh-agent Xemacs -f shell ;
umount /home/Superbiskit/.ssh ) &
echo "--- $0"

====
So the working process has Xemacs run under ssh-agent.  After executing, 
I have:
:[S!] Bash $ ps
       PID    PPID    PGID     WINPID  TTY  UID    STIME COMMAND
   1001025       1 1001025 4293966271  con  511 17:24:45 /usr/bin/RXVT
    569813 1001025  569813 4294390039    0  511 17:24:47 /usr/bin/BASH
    614449       1  569157 4294352847    0  511 17:26:59 /usr/bin/bash
    539761       1  539761 4294427535    ?  511 17:27:01 /usr/bin/SSH-AGENT
    568501  614449  569157 4294426567    0  511 17:27:03 
/USR/LOCAL/I686-PC-CYGWIN/BIN/XEMACS-21.5-B1
    759637  568501  759637 4294243983    1  511 17:28:11 /usr/bin/BASH
    526373  759637  526373 4294233059    1  511 17:28:33 /usr/bin/ps

====
However, when I try to set up my identity, I get the following:
:[S!] Bash $ alias ssh-add-2
alias ssh-add-2='ssh-add ~/.ssh/id_dsa '
## This was because the target site requires protocol-2, perhaps not 
needed any more?

:[S!] Bash $ ssh-add-2
Could not open a connection to your authentication agent.
====
As I suggested above, the identical procedure was working - perhaps late 
July - early August.

If someone would care to suggest which piece of the puzzle to debug, I'd 
be happy to dig a bit deeper.  Maybe strace?  If so, on which program: 
ssh-agent or ssh-add?  Or both?

-- 
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate, All around 
nice guy.
New PGP key 09/13/2001:
:<http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=superbiskit&\
fingerprint=on>
:<http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=superbiskit&\
fingerprint=on>
Fingerprint=0x{E7C6_4EE2_6B75_5BA3_C52E__77FA_63C3_9366_DCFB_229B}
"By God's Grace I am a Christian man, by my actions a great sinner."
--The Way of a Pilgrim, R. M. French [tr.]
Potentially Viral Software is any software for which you are not allowed
to examine the source.  Do not buy or use Potentially Viral Software!

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/