Subject: Re: make error: cannot exec gcc (after many compiles) : Win95 : Cygwin of 9/19/2001
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Charles Hixson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 23:41:36 +0200

Charles Hixson schrieb am 2001-09-20, 13:44:

>Summary:
>dllwrap: installation problem, cannot exec `gcc': No such file
>or directory
>dllwrap: gcc exited with status 255
>make: *** [dummy] Error 1
>
>Details:
>With the new installation of CygWin, I was attempting to compile
>   the new release of Ruby.  The compiles worked fine, the error
>occured during the attempt at a creation of a shared library.  I
>don't really understand make, but it looks relatively
>straightforward.

Sorry, cannot help with the gcc problem, but thanks for the info
that a new ruby version is out, i will try to build this now and 
then we'll see if it is a problem with ruby or s.th. else.

Gerrit

-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/