Subject: Re: Download
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Willy Inchaustti <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 23:18:02 +0200

Willy Inchaustti schrieb am 2001-09-20, 14:53:

>Hello, I am Willy Inchaustti from Paraguay. I want to evaluate the
>Cygwin.  
>Excuse me for my bad english.  
>
>There is some link to download the complete Cygwin in a only file? For
>example, the complete Cygwin in cygwin-i386.tar.gz?  
>I saw the complete Cygwin in
>http://programming.ccp14.ac.uk/ftp-mirror/programming/cygwin/pub/cygwin/
>in files separated and therefore there I will need to download
>separatedly any sub-file. I don't want to install from Internet,
>because my computer connect to Internet via dial-up and that is very
>expensive here.  

No, the latest net-release is not available in one package.
What you have found is probably a very old release.
Don't fetch it, fetch the latest, biggest, best ever:)
http://www.cygwin.com/setup.exe

Choose 'download from Internet' and install from your local
repository.

If you just load down the binaries with all packages, that are
about 66 MB today, so I think it is not that big.

Also it is possible to exclude some packages which are of less use
if you don't fetch other tarballs like tetex package. (texmf is >20MB)

Also not needed to run cygwin itself is postgresql, python, perl, irc,
ghostscript, squid, tcsh, which are the big contrib packages 
(20MB together).

So at the end you need to load down at least 46 MB.
That lasts some hours with a slower connection, but if I pay this in 
Germany, it will cost about $5, not that much.

Gerrit

-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/