Subject: Re: Problem related to tcsh
From: Andrew Markebo <[email-masked]>
To: "Phaniraj Raghavendra" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: 20 Sep 2001 20:02:34 +0200

You got me interested so I threw an eye at it.. I can't make tcsh load
my .tcshrc and .login whatever I did, I thought the only thing you
should need to do was to fire away tcsh with "-l" telling it it is a
login shell..

I can't make it read .login nor .tchsrc located in $HOME or home
mentioned in /etc/passwd, so hmm anyone who knows how and if it should
work?

Meanwhile to quickly get rid of it.. learn and get used to Bash or
zsh, I think they are much better than tcsh when you get used to them
;-) But OTOH I am a 'different' guy :-)

        /Andy

/ "Phaniraj Raghavendra" <[email-masked]> wrote:
| Hi,
| 
| I recently started to use cygwin as my terminal to work on NT, I am facing some
| problem here.
| by default cygwin makes bash as my shell. but I am used to tcsh where there are
| some usefull features which are not
| on bash shell.

-- 
 The eye of the beholder rests on the beauty!

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/