Subject: German Win98, US Win95 keyboard --> no ;'` keys in Bash
From: Hans-Bernhard Broeker <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 19:29:54 +0200

An observation I made with Cygwin Bash from 20b1, and which still seems
unfixed with the most recent builds (downloaded yesterday):

None of these keys yields any reaction at the Bash prompt:
' ; ' (i.e. quote, backquote and semicolon)

Neither do their shifted variants. Not even if I type it twice, or
followed by a <Space> to eliminate possible deadkey behaviour of quotes.
Needless to say this makes this version of Bash pretty unusable for any
interactive work.

Note that even though I'm German, and my Windows 98 OS is, too, I am
using a *US* keyboard (typing C code on a German one is just unbearable)
with "Win95 keys". I also disabled the whole Codepage stuff in
config.sys and autoexec.bat (no mode con codepage prepare, no
display.sys).

Any ideas what to look up next, or how to fix this?

--  
Hans-Bernhard Broeker ([email-masked])
Even if all the snow were burnt, ashes would remain.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/