Subject: RE: Cygwin Perl system() Invokes exec() Directly?
From: "Lehr, Matt (GEA, 510425)" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 17:10:52 -0400

Hello again,

	That was quick...

>What is your perl summary (perl-V)?

	Please see attached...

>What is pwd?

	Hey, you've at least got to give me credit for not falling into that
trap... :-)

		/usr/bin/perl -e '$x=system("wc",".bashrc");$y=system("wc <
.bashrc");print"$x $y $!\n";'
	produces
		5	14	93	.bashrc
		0 -1 No such file or directory

	Thanks again...

					- Matt

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/