Subject: Re: dynamic perl shipped with cygwin
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: "S. L." <[email-masked]>, Peter Buckley <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 13:22:34 +0200

S. L. schrieb am 2001-09-18, 7:40:

>[...]
>> I don't understand why the perl-5.6.1.README says 
>> "This package is configured to support dynamic loading" 
>> and I am getting an error that seems to contradict that statement. 
>[...]
>
>Except the fact that your libperl<version>.dll could be damaged or that you
>affected the perl environment so that it can't find IO.dll or the above, a
>good thing would be to "ln -s <path_to_your_dll>/libperl<version>.dll
>/lib/libperl.dll" or /usr/local/lib/libperl.dll. It seems that there are
>some modules searching for dynamic loading using this name; although the
>CPAN modules I'm using don't have this problem, the postgresql perl5 and
>plperl do. And the "ln -s [...]" above solves it.

perl.exe & libperl5_6_1.dll are in /usr/bin. If that path is in your PATH 
settings included, there should no symlink needed.
Perl 'knows' where to find the rest of his .dll's.

Gerrit

-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/