Subject: Re: using aliases for cygwin commands on win2k
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 00:55:16 +0200

Anoop Ghanwani schrieb am 2001-09-17, 15:37:

>I wanted to find out how to use aliases for cygwin commands
>on win2k.  The cygwin commands are located at c:\cygwin\bin.
>I don't run bash, but I still use commands such as ls, grep, rm, mv.
>I would like to create aliases for these commands such as
>alias ls 'ls -lF' and so on.  How do I do something like this?
>
>Thanks in advance for any help.

If you would run bash, you may put them in your ~/.bashrc

alias ll='ls -l'

and so on.

But since you are not running bash...
Maybe you write little wrapper scripts, but i would recommend to run
the shell with bash. I don't know how to alias on native windows shell.

Gerrit

-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/