Subject: Re: Working with eCos
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 01:05:56 -0400

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 06:43:45PM -0400, Gregg C Levine wrote:
>Hello from Gregg C Levine actually with Jedi Knight Computers
>Just for the record, has anyone on this list, actually tried to build
>the contents of eCos, version, whatever, using any of the pre-century
>versions of Windows, or NT?

What does "pre-century" versions of Windows or NT mean?  NT4.0?
Windows 98?  Windows 95?  Cygwin B20.1?

I'm sure that eCos has been built with some combination of those but
with no specific details how would you expect anyone to answer your
questions?

If you are asking if we will help you to build something under a
non-current version of Cygwin, then the answer is no.

If you are asking if it is possible to build eCos under Windows NT4.0
and a new version of Cygwin then I'm sure that is possible.

However, since eCos has an active mailing list and since they actually
seem to have put some thought into the issue of building under Cygwin
I'm not sure why you are asking this question here.

>I ask this question, partly because the company, did not buy the
>latest, version of anything built on NT technology, and partly because
>the homepage insists otherwise.  Please post complaints only to the
>direct address, otherwise through the list.

I assume that "the company" is your company and "the homepage" is
the eCos FAQ.  I can't decipher the "post complaints" part.  However,
I am sending this message to both you and the cygwin mailing list
just so that 27 other helpful people do not decide to also answer
your questions.  That is common courtesy.

Anyway, you really should ask the experts.  Go to an appropriate eCos
mailing list and ask your question there.

Before you do, you might want to check out this link:

http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/