Subject: Re: Properly using ntsec, from the beginning
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: "David Monk" <[email-masked]>, "Corinna Vinschen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 16:26:46 +0200

David Monk schrieb am 2001-09-13, 8:30:

>How would one go about doing a fresh install on NTFS, whether it be NT or
>2000, and use the ntsec option of CYGWIN properly, without having to
>immediately change file and directory permissions throughout?
>IOW, is there a proven method to install Cygwin and get a proper filesystem
>tree with permissions on text files, configuration files, and executable
>scripts set similar to a typical UNIX filesystem? And also have proper
>permission manipulation within cygwin.

Mike Erdely has written a script to fix the permissions 
after a fresh install.

Gerrit

-- 
Here is the script:
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2001-04/msg01668.html

-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/