Subject: Re: [[email-masked]: 1.3.2 -> 1.3.3: ssh-add fails on win98: "Could not open a connection to your authentication agent."]
From: David Starks-Browning <[email-masked]>
To: egor duda <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 13:29:48 +0100

On Thursday 13 Sep 01, egor duda writes:
> An strace sent to the list looks more like 'ssh-agent' isn't running
> when ssh-add is started. David, can you check it? if it's up and
> running, it'd also be useful to see if it listens to inbound
> connections. You can use 'netstat -a' to list all LISTENing ports on
> your host.

According to ps, ssh-agent was running, and you can see from the trace
that the socket "file" was there.  I had also seen it with ls.

I can't run netstat on it now, as I don't have access to that system
again until tomorrow morning.  I will check that tomorrow and also use
Corinna's trick to get everything in one trace file.

Thanks for your help folks.  Sorry I can't do more right away.

Cheers,
David

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/