Subject: Re: Bash script permissions
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 22:29:39 +0200

David Monk schrieb am 2001-09-12, 14:50:

>I am running the latest net realease on NT 4 and Win 2k. I am having a
>problem limiting, from cygwin, the permissions on a bash script so that only
>the owner can execute it.
>I finally after much fiddling figured out that with the shebang line in the
>script, cygwin immediately thinks it's executable by all. If I try any chmod
>affecting it's executable status, it's ignored. How can I work around this?

set CYGWIN=ntsec

>Also, how can this be worked around on Win9x also, as it is planned to
>eventually distribute this script set.

There are no permissions on win98. Everyone is allowed to do everything.

Gerrit

-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/