Subject: Re: Debianized Cygwin
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: "Mark Paulus" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 21:21:18 +0200

Mark Paulus schrieb am 2001-09-12, 12:39:

>Hi,
>
>I have embarked upon a long and arduous path (I haven't
>even gotten out of the door, and I'm already exhausted)
>to bring the debian package management system/
>environment to cygwin.  I have gotten some things
>accomplished, and would like to know if others are 
>interested.  To date, I have managed to get the following
>done, plus some other little things:
>
>- I have started a project within sourceforge.net - debian-cygwin
>- I have successfully built dpkg on my system and installed it.
>- I have managed to bring down and rebuild several miscellaneous
>  packages (debhelper, dpkg-dev, libsgmls-perl, sp, etc)
>- I have managed to build and install apt
>- I have managed to rebuild the dpkg package in it's entirety.
>- I have started to rebuild other packages.
>
>All this is in it's infancy, and I will need to start doing some work
>on the sourceforge page to get this rolling, and accessible
>by others.
>
>One of the things I will need very quickly is a pseudo package
>for perl 5.005.  Cygwin supplies Perl 5.6.1, but I need the 
>pseudo package to take care of dependency issues, and to

Maybe it will be enough to setup a symlink at the mirrors?
ln perl-5.6.1-2.tar.bz2 perl-5.005...?
Or what is the problem with perl 5.6.1?
Isn't it the case that there are always only minimal 
requirements?

>provide a couple of configuration issues (Does anyone know 
>how to modify the @INC variable, or enhance/modify the search
>directories at run time??)

use lib;

perldoc lib
man lib

Gerrit

-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/