Subject: RE: Missing minibuffer when running emacs -nw
From: "Olle Sundblad" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Alex Malinovich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 11:53:11 +0200

Thanks for the help in solving the problem!

I still use a 300 line buffer for the window but added the following lines
to my .emacs for easy modifying of Emacs frame-height. If anyone know a way
to get the window height (not buffer) from "cygwin" I'd appreciate it but
this works for me (I only use emacs -nw for CVS commenting).

:;; setting current frame height
(defun set-emacs-height (lines)
  "Sets the current frame height."
  (interactive "nFrame height (lines): ")
  (set-frame-height (window-frame (frame-selected-window)) lines))

;;; and assigning it to a key
(global-set-key "\C-xaa" 'set-emacs-height)

/Olle

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Malinovich [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: den 11 september 2001 11:02
To: 'Olle Sundblad'
Subject: RE: Missing minibuffer when running emacs -nw

Nope. Everything I've tried so far returns the number of lines in the
buffer. To get the number of actual displayed lines I think you'd have
to actually find a way to query the settings for that particular
instance of the window. I have no idea how to go about doing that
though. :(

Thanks for the fix. I'll try it tomorrow and see how it works. If you
can't find a way to actually determine the number of lines visible at
runtime, 25 is still a pretty safe number as most of the sizeable TT
resolutions for a Windows command prompt keep the 80x25 layout.

-Alex

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/