Subject: Re: Perl 5.6.1 showing as 5.006_01 on testers.cpan.org (was: How can I copy and paste into Cygwin console windows?)
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Hoffman <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 02:16:07 +0200

Michael Hoffman schrieb am 2001-09-10, 16:27:

>On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>
>> Michael Hoffman schrieb am 2001-09-10, 13:47:
>>
>> >Another question: what's the easiest way to see the results of the
>> >CPAN tests that you do? The summary information on testers.cpan.org
>> >seems to be out-of-date and for old perl versions (5.004 or
>> >so).
>
>My apologies for starting this thread off-list. This question was only
>incidental to a message about non-Cygwin stuff. Actually, this seems
>to not be really Cygwin-related either, so I'll redirect to
>[email-masked].

Well, I'm only testing modules on cygwin with cygwin perl, so why not 
also report it to cygwin folks?

>> There is a separate page for each config:
>> http://testers.cpan.org/search?request=by-config 
>> which leads to:
>> http://testers.cpan.org/search?distname=all_distributions&macids=131
>> 
>> And a search page to search a specific cofiguration and all or a single
>> distribution(s), select cygwin checkbox below and hit 'search' to get 
>> all modules or if you look for a specific module type in the dist name 
>> or a part of it (e.g. 'Unicode'):
>> http://testers.cpan.org/search?request=search
>
>I have found this before. But using the URL for macid 131 I get:
>
>"Sorry - no results for all_distributions matched."

I got also difficulties sometimes there are only five-six entries
though there should be about 150 - 200 now. Sometimes there are some
more, but not all there, sometimes there are no entries.

MySQL ... is not really a database ...

>When looking for cygwin in the by-config page all I could find is tests
>for perl 5.006_01 (macid=130). I now realize that this is a
                    ^^^^^^^^^^ that is AIX, cygwin is 131.

>consequence of the version numbering system change in 5.005 to 5.6.0.
>
>Would it be possible to at least put a note of this on the CPAN
>testers web page? It seems non-obvious to me to use 5.006_01 when I
>want 5.6.1.

That is the official versioning schema. I think you should ask the 
webmaster/maintainer of this website, the link is always at the footer.

The highest entry is always the newest. And i see no entry for perl-5.7.2,
maybe i should build another bleadperl to do some tests:-)

Gerrit

-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/