Subject: Re: Virus Found
From: Mark Gordon <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 00:36:36 +0100

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 00:41:46 +0200, Corinna Vinschen
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 04:27:40PM -0600, Troy Noble wrote:
>> Hah!  That's good.
>> 
>> And I also saw Chuck's note about scp working... so maybe it's a non-issue.
>
>But that's not quite true.  This was a long discussed topic on
>the openssh-usinx-dev mailing list about the unluck interference
>of profile output and scp... Hrm, it's some months ago, I
>wonder if it's solved somehow and I didn't pay attention...

I was recently (within the past few weeks) having problems with scp
due to this, so it is still a potential problem with some systems.

If people are seriously interested I can investigate this further. It
may be that one of the systems involved has an old version of ssh
causing the problem.

IIRC I put in some traps to prevent the output when there was no
terminal. I'm sure the same could be done under CygWin.
-- 
Mark Gordon - To email me replace spamtrap with mark.gordon
	A clean desk is a sign of a cluttered desk drawer.

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/