Subject: Re: Make a package never update
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: "Matthew O. Persico" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 02:23:06 +0200

Matthew O. Persico schrieb am 2001-09-09, 19:07:

>I do not want perl updated on my cygwin - I prefer to hack at it from a
>perl built under windows (don't ask). If I never want the perl under
>cygwin updated, is it sufficient to remove it from cygwin using
>setup.exe? Will that prevent future updates from ever being shown to me?

Setup.exe will offer you every package that is not installed at your
system, always the latest available version.
If you have no perl installed, it will be offered and you will have to 
unselect it everytime.

Gerrit

-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/