Subject: Re: Automake 1.5
From: James Youngman <[email-masked]>
To: "Ronald Landheer" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: 09 Sep 2001 13:35:56 +0100

"Ronald Landheer" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Recently, I have re-installed and updated Cygwin (the update part is 
> done every Sunday) and have installed Automake 1.5 in the process.

[...]

> Thus, Automake 1.5 broke my bootstrap script and does not allow me
> to compile Eleanor without problems any more. My questions are:

I have also had to downgrade this stuff, becuase the latest version of
autoconf insists on using config.sub even if all you want to do is
figure out the value of EXEHDR.  Previous versions of autoconf didn't
require that. The problem is that the current version of automake
doesn't know to include config.sub even though autoconf needs it :-(

-- 
James Youngman
Manchester, UK.  +44 161 226 7339
PGP (GPG) key ID for <[email-masked]> is 64A95EE5 (F1B83152).

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/