Subject: Re: 1.3.2 rmdir fails if CWD is in the directory to be deleted?
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 11:58:09 -0400

On Sat, Sep 08, 2001 at 05:48:21AM +0000, John William wrote:
>Ok, if this is a fundamental limitation of Windows, I can accept that. But 
>there must be a workaround -- after all, DJGPP works.

It sounds like you have three options, then:

1) Use DJGPP.

2) Submit a patch to Cygwin to fix this behavior since you seem to think
   it is relatively trivial.  I can't say that I agree but I'll certainly
   inspect any patch that you provide.

3) Modify your code.

As I mentioned, since this sequence even fails on some UNIX systems I
don't think that it is a priority for attempting some kind of
complicated work-around in cygwin code.

However, if you do think that this is crucial, then you probably should
investigate the issue further and provide a patch.

Good Luck,
cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/