Subject: Re: Openssh question
From: "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "Berndl, Klaus" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 14:19:52 -0400

At 01:53 PM 9/6/2001, [email-masked] wrote:
>On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 01:20:25PM -0400, Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) wrote:
> > To me, it seems somewhat obvious that /usr/doc would have useful
> > documentation but perhaps we need a (more?)  pointer(s) to it to
> > enforce this notion for everyone?
>
>Even though the above is obvious to some, it is _not_ obvious that
>some packages have their own folders under /usr/doc and others have
>READMEs in the /usr/doc/Cygwin folder.  Perhaps the FAQ could
>emphasize looking in /usr/doc/Cygwin, not just /usr/doc.  The current
>FAQ doesn't refer to "/usr/doc" at all.

I concede some may not think to look for documentation in the Cygwin
installation tree at all.  Certainly for them, there may be some value 
in having additional pointers to there, although I wonder if it will be
enough to get everyone to look there (I kind of doubt it).  Still, 
there's probably no reason not to try.  Anything that promotes self-help
and more browsing for existing information is a good thing. 

Larry Hall                              [email-masked]
RFK Partners, Inc.                      http://www.rfk.com
118 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
Holliston, MA 01746                     (508) 893-9889 - FAX

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/