Subject: Re: rxvt + "standard" python
From: Jason Tishler <[email-masked]>
To: "C. Porter Bassett" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 11:53:34 -0400

On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 01:27:00PM -0600, C. Porter Bassett wrote:
> When I try to interactively run the "standard" (i.e., not cygwin) version of
> windows from rxvt, nothing displays on the window.  I can run it from the
> default cygwin window or from the dos command line, but not rxvt.  Has
> anybody else experienced this?

Yes.  My WAG is that Win32 Python, in interactive mode, is writing
directly to the console instead of stdout.  Hence, output is going to
the associated, but hidden, console of rxvt.  Note that I can run Win32
Python scripts in an rxvt window and output is displayed properly.

Jason

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/