Subject: RE: Mobile install
From: Dario Alcocer <[email-masked]>
To: "Alex Malinovich" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 08:26:05 -0700

>>>>> "Alex" == Alex Malinovich <[email-masked]> writes:

    Alex> From looking at my registry, it looks like the only mounts I
    Alex> need to set up are:

    Alex> /
    Alex> /usr/bin
    Alex> /usr/lib

Yes, those are all the mounts that setup performs.

    Alex> That should be easy enough to do in a batch file. The
    Alex> individual drive mounts appear to be handled at run
    Alex> time.

No.  For DOS driver letters, you would need to set these up as well.
But, I wouldn't bother, since all the drives are available via the
/cygdrive virtual directory, called the "Cygwin drive prefix."  Use
'mount -c' to change to Cygwin drive prefix to anything else you
want, like say, /.

    Alex> Which options will I need to specify with mount(1) though?
    Alex> I'm guessing:

    Alex> Mount -x \cygwin\bin /usr/bin
    Alex> Mount \cygwin\lib /usr/lib
    Alex> Mount \cygwin /

    Alex> Is that about right? Or can I just do a plain vanilla mount
    Alex> (w/o the -x) for bin?

Actually, the mount of / should come first.  Additionally, you don't
need the -x option for any the mounts.  The only mount option you
might want to use is -b for binary mounts.

    Alex> Also, are there any particular dependencies I should be
    Alex> aware of between Perl and GCC and the rest of the Cygwin
    Alex> packages.

I don't understand what you mean.  As long as the mounts are done
correctly, GCC and Perl should work fine.  I would say just try it
out, and see if you have any problems.

-- 
Dario Alcocer -- Sr. Software Developer, Helix Digital Inc.
[email-masked] -- http://www.helixdigital.com

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/