Subject: Re: Up-to-date info on '-mno-cygwin' vs. Mingw32
From: James Youngman <[email-masked]>
To: "David Carter" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 Aug 2001 22:51:45 +0100

"David Carter" <[email-masked]> writes:

> - use the cygwin tools, passing -mno-cygwin to the compiler (& linker? I
> do it to be sure, but not sure if it's required)

As an (off-topic) aside, I noticed recently that it makes a difference
whether you pass -O to the preprocessor or not, but it appears that
autoconf doesn't know that (configure doesn't pass the -O to the
preprocessor) and glibc behaves differently (G<IBC 2.2.3 #defines
printf, for example).

(this test on GCC 2.96, but I initially noticed it with GC 2.95.3
under Cygwin 1.3.2.) 

bash-2.04$ diff <(cpp -dM -E - < /dev/null ) <(cpp -dM -O4 -E - < /dev/null) 
11a12
> #define __OPTIMIZE__ 1

-- 
James Youngman
Manchester, UK.  +44 161 226 7339
PGP (GPG) key ID for <[email-masked]> is 64A95EE5 (F1B83152).

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/