Subject: building setup.exe
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 16:49:59 +0200

Hi,

i tried to build cygwin today, all went well until
it comes to setup.exe.
All compiled like a baby, but then during linking
i got this error. ld claims it cannot open crt2.o, 
which isn't at the link line:

g++ 
-L/winsup/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup 
-L/winsup/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/cygwin 
-L/winsup/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/w32api/lib 
-isystem /winsup/src/winsup/include 
-isystem /winsup/src/winsup/cygwin/include 
-isystem /winsup/src/winsup/w32api/include 
-isystem /winsup/src/newlib/libc/sys/cygwin 
-isystem /winsup/src/newlib/libc/sys/cygwin32 
-B/winsup/build/i686-pc-cygwin/newlib/ 
-isystem /winsup/build/i686-pc-cygwin/newlib/targ-include 
-isystem /winsup/src/newlib/libc/include 
-MMD -mno-cygwin 
-I. -I/winsup/src/winsup/cinstall 
-I/winsup/src/winsup/mingw/include 
-I/winsup/src/winsup/w32api/include 
-I/winsup/src/winsup/bz2lib 
-mwindows 
-o setup.exe autoload.o choose.o concat.o desktop.o dialog.o 
diskfull.o download.o find.o fromcwd.o geturl.o hash.o ini.o 
inilex.o iniparse.o install.o localdir.o log.o main.o mkdir.o
mklink2.o mount.o msg.o net.o netio.o nio-ie5.o nio-file.o 
nio-ftp.o nio-http.o other.o postinstall.o res.o root.o 
simpsock.o site.o source.o splash.o state.o tar.o version.o 
zlib/libzcygw.a 
/winsup/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/bz2lib/libbz2.a 
/winsup/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/w32api/lib/libole32.a 
/winsup/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/w32api/lib/libwsock32.a 
/winsup/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/w32api/lib/libnetapi32.a 
/winsup/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/w32api/lib/libadvapi32.a 
/winsup/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/w32api/lib/libuuid.a 
/winsup/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/w32api/lib/libkernel32.a 
/winsup/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/w32api/lib/libuser32.a
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.3-5/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld: 
cannot open crt2.o: No such file or directory

Thanks for any hint,

Gerrit

-- 
[email-masked]

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/