Subject: Re: libwww install fails on cygwin: HEAD vs. head filename confusion?
From: Gisle Aas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: 27 Aug 2001 17:55:39 -0700

"Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]> writes:

> >Trying to install libwww-perl on cygwin, but seem to be having a problem with
> >the symlink make install wants to create from /usr/bin/HEAD to
> >/usr/bin/lwp-request. (Output below may be an aritifact of a previous failed
> >make install.) I suspect the problem may be related to the fact that cygwin has
> >a /usr/bin/head (like the tail program), which may be gettting confused with
> >/usr/bin/HEAD due to Windows 2000 /  Cygwin filename case-sensitivity issues?
> 
> I remember we resolved this, right?

In a way.  The newest dev releases will ask interactively if you want
to install these programs and these links.

--Gisle

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/