Subject: Re: Problems with path resolution
From: "'Christopher Faylor '" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "Churchill, Dan (MN65)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:41:56 -0400

I actually read this mailing list so there is no reason to Cc me.
That's why I reset the Reply-To.

For the record, I'm Cc'ing *you* because you are not, apparently,
subscribed to the cygwin mailing list.

On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 10:03:40AM -0500, Churchill, Dan  (MN65) wrote:
>> Asking a mailing list to provide you with support for a commercial
>> product seems a little odd to me.
>
>Since providing access to files in the file system is the job of OS, which
>for this executable is cygwin, I thought it perfectly appropriate to post to
>the _cygwin_ mailing list. I don't know for certain that this is a problem
>with cygwin, but I certainly don't know that it's _not_ a probem with
>cygwin, either.

Again, if you have received an application which uses cygwin from
someone, you should check with the someone for your support.  We have no
way of knowing how your system is set up, what version of cygwin you're
using, if the application you're using understands cygwin paths, etc.

Even if we did know all that, expecting support for a commercial
application in a public mailing list is just, IMO, wrong.  I don't want
to act as a support arm of Wind River.

cgf

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/