Subject: Re: Building winsup
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Goren Il <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 12:33:38 -0400

Please check out the project web page for links to available information
and ports:  http://cygwin.com/ .  In particular, look at the bottom of
the page for information about getting help.

If you don't see what you need there, then the cygwin mailing list is
the best place to make observations or get questions answered.
Information on the mailing list is available at the project web page.

For your convenience, I've reset the Reply-To: address to point to the
cygwin mailing list.  I've also Cc'ed this reply there.

On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 03:57:57PM +0200, Goren Il wrote:
>I am trying to create the setup program on my computer.
>I have the latest executions installed (as "setup" downloaded them), and the
>sources from cygwin-src-20010825.tar.
>I "configure", and then "make". (I have win2K machine).
>
>The last part of the compilation says:
>
>
>g++ ... -o setup.exe autoload.o choose.o concat.o desktop.o dialog.o
>diskfull.o
>download.o find.o fromcwd.o geturl.o hash.o ini.o inilex.o iniparse.o
>install.o
>localdir.o log.o main.o mkdir.o mklink2.o mount.o msg.o net.o netio.o
>nio-ie5.o
>nio-file.o nio-ftp.o nio-http.o other.o postinstall.o res.o root.o
>simpsock.o si
>te.o source.o splash.o state.o tar.o version.o
>/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.3-5/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld:
>warn
>ing: ds00200.o: local symbol `' has no section
>/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.3-5/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld:
>bfd
>assertion fail /cygnus/netrel/src/binutils-20010802-1/bfd/cofflink.c:2290
>/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.3-5/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld:
>ds00
>200.o: illegal symbol index 116 in relocs
>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>make: *** [setup.exe] Error 1
>
>
>What am I missing?
>Thanks in advance

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/