Subject: Error while compiling PHP on Cygwin
From: "Atur Shah" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 08:55:58 +0530

Hi,

I am facing some errors on trying to installing PHP on fresh cygwin.

Error while trying to buildconf PHP on cygwin..

cygwin$ cd /usr/src/php-4.0.6
cygwin$ ./buildconf
buildconf: checking installation...
buildconf: autoconf version 2.13 (ok)
buildconf: automake not found.
           You need automake version 1.4 or newer installed
           to build PHP from CVS.
make: *** [buildmk.stamp] Error 1

Error while trying to make PHP on cygwin ..

Making all in standard
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/php-4.0.6/ext/standard'
make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/src/php-4.0.6/ext/standard'
gcc  -I. -I/usr/src/php-4.0.6/ext/standard -I/usr/src/php-4.0.6/main
-I/usr/src/php-4.0.6 -I/usr/src/php-4.0.6/Zend -I/usr/src/php
-4.0.6/ext/mysql/libmysql -I/usr/src/php-4.0.6/ext/xml/expat/xmltok
-I/usr/src/php-4.0.6/ext/xml/expat/xmlparse -I/usr/src/php-4.0
.6/TSRM  -DSUPPORT_UTF8 -DXML_BYTE_ORDER=12 -g -O2  -c datetime.c &&
touch datetime.lo
datetime.c: In function `php_mktime':
datetime.c:186: wrong type argument to unary minus
datetime.c: In function `php_date':
datetime.c:436: invalid operands to binary /
datetime.c:436: invalid operands to binary %
datetime.c:444: wrong type argument to unary minus
datetime.c:444: wrong type argument to unary minus
datetime.c:497: invalid operands to binary /
datetime.c:498: invalid operands to binary %
make[3]: *** [datetime.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/php-4.0.6/ext/standard'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/php-4.0.6/ext/standard'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/php-4.0.6/ext'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Any idea / solution of the above errors ?
Have anyone faced such errors and fixed ??

Comment Please.....

Thanks.

Regards,

Atur Shah
Vigorsoft Pvt. Ltd.,
India
__________________________________________________________________
Nothing is Impossible if you believe it is possible and if you believe
you can do it.....

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/