Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] perl-5.6.1-2
From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 08:51:42 +0200

Finally it happened...
perl-5.6.1-2 is uploaded to sourceware 
               -- it should be on the mirrors soon.

This perl is the first release of the final perl-5.6.1 on cygwin, 
so you may want to run your smoke tests. 

Probably you will need to reinstall your modules:(
So you may want to make a backup copy of your running installation.

This release is based on the final perl-5.6.1 release:

http://www.xray.mpe.mpg.de/mailing-lists/perl5-porters/2001-04/msg00805.html

Since April there were applied many patches and bugfixes which were also 
included.  Changelog since 5.6.1 release is included in the distribution 
(/usr/doc/Cygwin/perl-5.6.1.README), and for a preview it is up here: 
http://familiehaase.de/cywgin/perl/
                       ^^^^^^ NO TYPO:-)

Be sure to read the /usr/doc/Cygwin/perl-5.6.1.README for details about
this release.  In particular, it already includes the Bundle::CPAN
modules so you can quickly start downloading from CPAN.

INSTALLATION:

To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://www.cygwin.com/ web page.  This downloads setup.exe to your
system.  Run setup and answer all of the questions.
If you run setup.exe for the first time, it will try to fetch all the
packages unless otherwise instructed, if you ran it before, only updated
and new/missing packages will be fetched.

**********************************************************************
*********   PLEASE, choose a mirror site for your download   *********
**********************************************************************

even if it might take a while until this new archive is propagated
to the mirrors.  The 'sources.redhat.com' site is badly overloaded
and doesn't allow to load down cygwin.
The mirrors were checked, they already got the package, the others
will probably have the latest version of this package fairly soon:

  ftp://planetmirror.com/pub/cygwin/ (US)
  ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/pc/gnuwin32/cygwin/mirrors/cygnus/ (Germany)
  ftp://ftp1.sinica.edu.tw/pub3/CYGNUS/cygwin/ (Taiwan)

To install this version of perl you will simply have to tell setup.exe 
to do it.  Previous packages installed with setup.exe will be removed.
So you may want to make a backup copy of your running installation.

Please report problems to <cygwin at cygwin.com>.

Gerrit P. Haase, 2001-08-24

-- 
=^..^=

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/