Subject: Re: G++ 3.0 under Cygwin
From: Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]>
To: Bruce Eckel <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 11:31:01 -0400

Please check out the project web page for links to available information
and ports:  http://cygwin.com/ .  Please pay particular attention to
the information at the bottom of the page.

If you don't see what you need there, then the cygwin mailing list is
the best place to make observations or get questions answered.
Information on the mailing list is available at the project web page.

For your convenience, I've reset the Reply-To: address to point to the
cygwin mailing list.  I've also Cc'ed this reply there.

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 09:27:38AM -0600, Bruce Eckel wrote:
>First, apologies for mailing you directly. And let me say
>that lately I've become a huge fan of Cygwin; it's solved
>many of my Windows problems. Thanks so much for all your
>great work.
>
>I'm working on Volume 2 of "Thinking in C++" and would very
>much like to test it with G++3.0 under Cygwin, and to be
>able to tell people how to use it with this combination.
>I've had rather limited success installing G++3.0 with
>Cygwin -- I can configure; make; make install successfully,
>but the executable files that result tend to core dump,
>whereas they do not under the Linux installation of same.
>
>I was hoping you might have a moment to answer a couple of
>questions:
>
>1) Is a release of Cygwin with G++ 3.0 pre-installed
>imminent? If so, I can just wait for that, or perhaps even
>try one of the nightly builds.
>
>2) Are there any instructions that I can point people to
>re: installing G++ 3.0 with Cygwin? That would also do the
>trick.
>
>Again, thanks for your time and for all your great work.
>
>Bruce Eckel
>
>
>Most current information can be found at:
>http://www.mindview.net/Etc/notes.html
>===================
>Bruce Eckel    http://www.BruceEckel.com
>Contains free electronic books: "Thinking in Java 2e" &
>"Thinking in C++ 2e"
>Please subscribe to my free newsletter -- just send any
>email to:
>[email-masked]
>My schedule can be found at:
>http://www.mindview.net/Calendar
>===================
>
>
>Most current information can be found at:
>http://www.mindview.net/Etc/notes.html
>===================
>Bruce Eckel    http://www.BruceEckel.com
>Contains free electronic books: "Thinking in Java 2e" &
>"Thinking in C++ 2e"
>Please subscribe to my free newsletter -- just send any
>email to:
>[email-masked]
>My schedule can be found at:
>http://www.mindview.net/Calendar
>===================

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/