Subject: Solved: Cygwin 'rm' leaves hidden 'deleted' directories around
From: Chad Loder <[email-masked]>
To: egor duda <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 06:42:26 -0700

At Friday 8/17/2001 05:28 PM +0400, you wrote:
>first, check if you're really using cygwin's 'rm'. use 'cygcheck rm'
>to find out. your path contains a lot of directories before /bin, so
>maybe you're using, rm from java, or from /p/Bin/

Good call!

bash$ cygcheck rm
Found: P:\Bin\rm.exe
Found: c:\cygwin\bin\rm.exe
Found: c:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK\Bin\rm.exe
P:\Bin\rm.exe
   C:\WINNT\System32\MSVCRT.dll
     C:\WINNT\System32\KERNEL32.dll
       C:\WINNT\System32\NTDLL.DLL

Use -h to see help about each section

bash$ rm /?
Microsoft File Removal Utility.  Version rmj.0rmm.00rup
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1987-98. All rights reserved.

Usage: RM [/help] [/ikft] [/x [/d]] [/r dir] files
     /help  invoke Quick Help for this utility
     /i     inquire of user for each file for permission to remove
     /k     keep read only files, no prompting to remove them
     /r dir recurse into subdirectories
     /f     force delete of read only files without prompting
     /t     attempt to take ownership of file if delete fails
     /x     dont save deleted files in deleted subdirectory
     /d     delay until next reboot.

Boy, that's retarded...I didn't expect Microsoft to ship their
own 'rm' with their platform SDK. :)

Thanks!

         c

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/