Subject: Re: Automake 1.4l released
From: Robert Collins <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], Bernard Dautrevaux <[email-masked]>, "'Tim Van Holder'" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: 15 Aug 2001 11:30:05 +1000

On 14 Aug 2001 19:04:11 -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:
> >>>>> "Chris" == Christopher Faylor <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> Chris> 1) New version of automake is released with no Cygwin testing
> Chris> for an important feature.
> 
> True.  As far as I know nobody ever tried `make distcheck' on Cygwin
> before.  In fact this is the first time I've heard of anybody using
> Cygwin as their primary maintainer platform for an automake-using
> project.

I did 90% of my squid automake conversion (waiting for automake 1.5
before it can be considered for squid-HEAD merging) on cygwin. make
distcheck worked fine with no errors (once other issues with distcheck
were solved - but they weren't cygwin-specific).

I haven't piped up to now, cause I had nothing to offer on this bug...
however for the record:

This cp -p error on (cygwin/ntfs/ntsec on), while interesting, is either
a) new due to changes in cygwin since I did the squid automake stuff (ie
in last 3-4 months)
b) interesting, but not the core reason for distcheck failing.

<snip>

Rob

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/