Subject: RE: Problems building Xemacs-21.5--i686-pc-Cygwin: PART III :=(D
From: "David A. Cobb" <[email-masked]>
To: "Robinow, David" <[email-masked]>, "'Dr. Volker Zell'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Xemacs General MailLIst <[email-masked]>, Cygwin General MailList <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 16:57:43 -0400

[DISCUSSION MOVED BACK TO LISTS]
At 8/10/01 03:05 PM (Friday), Robinow, David wrote:
> > From: Dr. Volker Zell [mailto:[email-masked]]
> > Subject: Re: Problems building Xemacs-21.5--i686-pc-Cygwin: PART III
> > >>>>> "David" == David A Cobb <[email-masked]> writes:
> >   David> <sigh /> if only that were so!
> >   David> I commented out that line, Make figured its way around it using
>the
> >   David> implicit .c.o rule.
> >
> >   David> I also removed "linuxplay.o" from extra-objects in
> >the same makefile.
> >   David> Didn't help.
> >
> > Remove it from src/GNUmakefile and not from src/Makefile
> > after running configure.
> > It *SHOULD* work.
>  I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record. But it works for me with
>both 21.4.4 and 21.5.2 just by removing it from src/Makefile.
>   "linuxplay.o" is not present in extra-objects.

But it /is/ in mine!  What have you got for options on your ./configure call?
It's been said that I should try the explicit "--with-sound=none" and 
that's the next thing to try.

And, as I've mentioned, it *still* shows up on the link (collect2) call 
_despite_  being edited out of the Makefile which leads to the conclusion 
that some other object is going to pull it in anyway.

And, in any case, the sound problem is secondary.  The database problem is 
the show stopper.  [Except that my handling of the sound issue inflamed at 
least one of my correspondants].

David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate, All around nice guy.
Get my PGP key at
:<http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=superbiskit>
Fingerprint=0x{6E3E_DB8C_2E8C_4248_62B2_FE29_08EE_CF0A_3629_E954}
:<http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=superbiskit&fingerprint=on>
"By God's Grace I am a Christian man, by my actions a great sinner."
--The Way of a Pilgrim, R. M. French [tr.]
Potentially Viral Software is any software for which you are not allowed
to examine the source.  Do not buy or use Potentially Viral Software!
<---.----!----.----!----.----!----.----!----.----!----.----!----.---->

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/