Subject: RE: Problems building Xemacs-21.5--i686-pc-Cygwin: PART III :=(D
From: "David A. Cobb" <[email-masked]>
To: "Robinow, David" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Cygwin General MailList <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 22:56:36 -0400

At 8/9/01 10:29 AM (Thursday), you wrote:
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: David A. Cobb [mailto:[email-masked]]
> > Subject: Re: Problems building Xemacs-21.5--i686-pc-Cygwin: PART III
> > ... And still no clue about disarming the sound problem!
>  1)  ./configure
>  2)  Comment out the following line in src/Makefile
>   linuxplay.o: $(LISP_H) miscplay.h nativesound.h sysfile.h syssignal.h)
>  3)  make

<sigh /> if only that were so!
I commented out that line, Make figured its way around it using the 
implicit .c.o rule.
I also removed "linuxplay.o" from extra-objects in the same 
makefile.  Didn't help.

Even with no explicit mention for linuxplay.o, make finds it as a 
prerequisite of something.  I suspect the only way to get rid of it will be 
commenting out the area of "configure" -- and there I'm way over my 
head!  It's a fairly simple shell command, but I don't know what else I'm 
breaking if I comment it out.

I have detailed logs here but they're rather huge for posting.

David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate, All around nice guy.
Get my PGP key at
:<http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=superbiskit>
Fingerprint=0x{6E3E_DB8C_2E8C_4248_62B2_FE29_08EE_CF0A_3629_E954}
:<http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=superbiskit&fingerprint=on>
"By God's Grace I am a Christian man, by my actions a great sinner."
--The Way of a Pilgrim, R. M. French [tr.]
Potentially Viral Software is any software for which you are not allowed
to examine the source.  Do not buy or use Potentially Viral Software!
<---.----!----.----!----.----!----.----!----.----!----.----!----.---->

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/