Subject: Re: Problems building Xemacs-21.5--i686-pc-Cygwin: PART III :=(D
From: "David A. Cobb" <[email-masked]>
To: David Starks-Browning <[email-masked]>, Charles Wilson <[email-masked]>
Cc: Xemacs Beta Development MailList <[email-masked]>, Cygwin General MailList <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 09:42:22 -0400

At 8/9/01 04:41 AM (Thursday), David Starks-Browning wrote:
>On Wednesday 8 Aug 01, Charles Wilson writes:
> > David A. Cobb wrote:
> >
> > > /usr/bin/gcc -mcygwin --verbose ...
> >
> > This is good.
>
>Charles, what does '-mcygwin' do?  This is one discrepency that David
>and I have on our gcc command lines.  Mine does not include -mcygwin,
>and mine works.  (Sorry if that's a stupid question...)
>
>Thanks,
>David

It's in my env "CC=/usr/bin/gcc -mcygwin" -- I suppose it /is/ redundant, 
but in a "command.com" environment I have "CC=C:/#CYGWIN#/usr/bin/gcc.exe 
-mno-cygwin".  I will try without it.  Also trying '--extra-verbose' on the 
configure.  And still no clue about disarming the sound problem!

David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate, All around nice guy.
Get my PGP key at
:<http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=superbiskit>
Fingerprint=0x{6E3E_DB8C_2E8C_4248_62B2_FE29_08EE_CF0A_3629_E954}
:<http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=superbiskit&fingerprint=on>
"By God's Grace I am a Christian man, by my actions a great sinner."
--The Way of a Pilgrim, R. M. French [tr.]
Potentially Viral Software is any software for which you are not allowed
to examine the source.  Do not buy or use Potentially Viral Software!
<---.----!----.----!----.----!----.----!----.----!----.----!----.---->

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/