Subject: mailinglist [email-masked] shutdown, apache 2.0.16 compile error under cygwin
From: "Gerhard Gaussling" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 15:11:45 +0200

hi toli,
from the page http://www.student.uni-koeln.de/cygwin/Misc/MailingList.php3
i got an error message when I tried to submit the mailing list
[email-masked] . have a look on it
http://www.listbot.com/cgi-bin/subscriber and
http://www.listbot.com/schedule.shtml .
Do you or other people of the cygwin winix page plan to establish a new list
or change the location?

I got a problem to compile apache 2.0.6 for the latest cygwin. Do I need to
install the newest libtool package?
I resolved an error logresolve.c: undefined reference to `h_errno'
 like in message http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2000-12/msg00617.html .
I tried to solve it by change in logresolve.c extern int h_errno; to extern
__declspec(dllimport) int h_errno; like descriebed in
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2000-12/msg00650.html and that worked
until the next error:

The next error I resolved by commenting the lines, who doesen't compiled in
apr_xml.c out :

/bin/sh /tmp/httpd-2_0_16-beta/httpd-2_0_16/libtool --silent --mode=link
cc  -I. -I/tmp/httpd-2_0_16-beta/httpd-2_0_16/ -I/tmp/httpd-2_0_16-beta/http
d-2_0_16/server/mpm/threaded -I/tmp/httpd-2_0_16-beta/httpd-2_0_16/modules/h
ttp -I/tmp/httpd-2_0_16-beta/httpd-2_0_16/include -I/tmp/httpd-2_0_16-beta/h
ttpd-2_0_16/srclib/apr/include -I/tmp/httpd-2_0_16-beta/httpd-2_0_16/srclib/
apr-util/include -I/tmp/httpd-2_0_16-beta/httpd-2_0_16/os/unix       -export
-dynamic -export-dynamic -export-dynamic -export-dynamic -export-dynamic -ex
port-dynamic   -o httpd  modules.lo   modules/aaa/mod_access.la
modules/aaa/mod_auth.la modules/filters/mod_include.la
modules/http/mod_http.la modules/http/mod_mime.la
modules/loggers/mod_log_config.la modules/mappers/mod_negotiation.la
modules/mappers/mod_dir.la modules/mappers/mod_imap.la
modules/mappers/mod_actions.la modules/mappers/mod_userdir.la
modules/mappers/mod_alias.la modules/metadata/mod_env.la
modules/metadata/mod_setenvif.la modules/generators/mod_status.la
modules/generators/mod_autoindex.la modules/generators/mod_asis.la
modules/generators/mod_cgid.la server/mpm/threaded/libthreaded.la
server/libmain.la os/unix/libos.la srclib/pcre/libpcre.la
srclib/apr-util/libaprutil.la srclib/apr/libapr.la
/tmp/httpd-2_0_16-beta/httpd-2_0_16/srclib/apr/shmem/unix/mm/libmm.la -lm -l
crypt
/tmp/httpd-2_0_16-beta/httpd-2_0_16/srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/lib/libexpat.l
a
server/mpm/threaded/.libs/libthreaded.a(threaded.o.b)(.text+0xee8):threaded.
c: undefined reference to `apr_setup_signal_thread'
server/mpm/threaded/.libs/libthreaded.a(threaded.o.b)(.text+0x1032):threaded
.c: undefined reference to `apr_create_signal_thread'
srclib/apr-util/.libs/libaprutil.a(apr_xml.o): In function `cleanup_parser':
/tmp/httpd-2_0_16-beta/httpd-2_0_16/srclib/apr-util/xml/apr_xml.c:366:
undefined reference to `_imp__XML_ParserFree'
srclib/apr-util/.libs/libaprutil.a(apr_xml.o): In function
`apr_xml_parser_create':
/tmp/httpd-2_0_16-beta/httpd-2_0_16/srclib/apr-util/xml/apr_xml.c:384:
undefined reference to `_imp__XML_ParserCreate'
/tmp/httpd-2_0_16-beta/httpd-2_0_16/srclib/apr-util/xml/apr_xml.c:393:
undefined reference to `_imp__XML_SetUserData'
/tmp/httpd-2_0_16-beta/httpd-2_0_16/srclib/apr-util/xml/apr_xml.c:394:
undefined reference to `_imp__XML_SetElementHandler'
/tmp/httpd-2_0_16-beta/httpd-2_0_16/srclib/apr-util/xml/apr_xml.c:395:
undefined reference to `_imp__XML_SetCharacterDataHandler'
srclib/apr-util/.libs/libaprutil.a(apr_xml.o): In function `do_parse':
/tmp/httpd-2_0_16-beta/httpd-2_0_16/srclib/apr-util/xml/apr_xml.c:408:
undefined reference to `_imp__XML_Parse'
/tmp/httpd-2_0_16-beta/httpd-2_0_16/srclib/apr-util/xml/apr_xml.c:412:
undefined reference to `_imp__XML_GetErrorCode'
srclib/apr-util/.libs/libaprutil.a(apr_xml.o): In function
`apr_xml_parser_geterror':
/tmp/httpd-2_0_16-beta/httpd-2_0_16/srclib/apr-util/xml/apr_xml.c:464:
undefined reference to `_imp__XML_ErrorString'
srclib/apr/.libs/libapr.a(dir.o): In function `apr_dir_read':
/tmp/httpd-2_0_16-beta/httpd-2_0_16/srclib/apr/file_io/unix/dir.c:118:
undefined reference to `readdir_r'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [httpd] Error 1
make[1]: Target `all-p' not remade because of errors.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/httpd-2_0_16-beta/httpd-2_0_16'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.

That worked after 10 steps until this error:

threaded.c:699: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a
cast
threaded.c:699: initializer element is not constant
threaded.c:699: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
threaded.c:700: parse error before `if'
threaded.c:703: parse error before `0xf'
threaded.c:703: conflicting types for `clean_child_exit'
threaded.c:193: previous declaration of `clean_child_exit'
threaded.c:703: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
threaded.c:708: parse error before `&'
threaded.c:708: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
threaded.c:709: parse error before `1'
threaded.c:711: warning: parameter names (without types) in function
declaration
threaded.c:711: conflicting types for `worker_thread'
threaded.c:453: previous declaration of `worker_thread'
threaded.c:711: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
threaded.c:712: parse error before `}'
make[4]: *** [threaded.lo] Error 1
make[4]: Target `all-p' not remade because of errors.
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/tmp/httpd-2_0_16-beta/httpd-2_0_16/server/mpm/threaded'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/tmp/httpd-2_0_16-beta/httpd-2_0_16/server/mpm/threaded'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/httpd-2_0_16-beta/httpd-2_0_16/server/mpm'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/httpd-2_0_16-beta/httpd-2_0_16/server'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.

Now I got the next one ...

I know, I'm not a programmer at all. But maybe you know something I could do
to compile apache 2.0.16 for cygwin.
Do I need to change all *.c files with __declspec(dllimport) ?
Or do I need an argument for ./configure like in your message
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2001-03/msg01041.html
>Hi,
>
>we are supporting the Apache ports for Cygwin. Attached is the latest
>patch for 1.3.19 which is capable of DLL creation. Use>
>
>   $ ./configure --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE
>
>for building the DLL version of httpd.
>
>
>Regards,
>
>Stipe Tolj

I would be very grateful for any clues. :)

Thank you

Gerhard Gaussling

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting:         http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/